Taiko M2M Solutions
- Tri-band GSM/GPRS Modem TNC-G-100
Wireless M2M System
- Tri-band GPRS M2M Terminal TNC-120
- Tri-band GPRS Router/VPN GR3000
About Wireless M2M
- What is the Wireless M2M System
- The Features of Wireless M2M system
- Wireless M2M Components
What is Wireless M2M
- Wireless M2M is a Digital Data Network based on GPRS
- It also provides high data rate, reliable, fix or
semi-fix connected and transparent data transmission
channel for customers.
- Customer also can configure their own private
Wireless M2M features
- Flexible, Short time for construction and with very
- Wide coverage.
- More secure and safety for data transmission.
- Always online, pay it on your data traffic, save
- Supports voice conversation.
Where do you need the wireless M2M?
- Too many sites and decentralized data transmission.
- Country side and wide field applications.
- Small to medium data transmission.
- Mobile service data communication (Vehicle
- Handheld applications.
- Headquarters to branches applications.
Wireless M2M component
- Data Center
- Transmission Channel (Mobile network)
- Data Termination Unit (TNC-G120)
GSM/GPRS Modem TNC-G100
- Designed for devices that support modem interface
for GSM or GPPS connection
- Built-in TCP/IP stack
- Simple to initiate GPRS connection – few AT commands
- Built-in DTR-reset – allows RTU to reset modem when
Tri-band GPRS M2M terminal TNC-G120
- Designed for transparent GPRS connection for serial
- Connect to GPRS network or GR-3000
- Self initiate re-connection should it be link
- Suitable for serial devices that does not support
GPRS Router/VPN GR3000
- Acts as GPRS server to allow multiple connections
from remote GPRS client devices such as RTU
- Support VPN connection
- Support dynamic DNS and static IP
aiko M2M system
- connected with user’s device via RS232/RS485, and
then send the user’s data to the destination.
- No host PC required: for the normal GPRS/CDMA Modem,
you need a PC as the host to dial the network and
process the protocol. TNC-G120 has built-in with a
process unit and protocol stack, there is no PC host
required for data transmission and processing.
- Supports point to point, point to multi-point,
center to multi-point configurations:.
- Always online: TNC-G120 will attached to the network
automatically when it is powered on, and then establish
the data channel with the data service center or GR3000
in accordance with the initial setting.
Taiko M2M system
- Cost it on your data traffic: TNC-G120 is set as
always online mode, and you just be cost when DTU
transmitting and receiving the user traffic data
(depends on the mobile network operator’s police).
- High speed: the maximum bandwidth can be reached
85.6Kbps for GPRS network (depends on the operator’s
mobile network configuration).
Data Center - TCP-COM
GPRS - with static IP (preferred)
(case of MWA-YTH application)
GPRS - with static IP (preferred)
(VPN to office)
GPRS with dynamic IP
Taiko M2M System – TNC-G120
For serial device with no PPP stack and modem interface
Taiko wireless M2M system can be used for almost all types
of data transmission from small to medium bandwidth, the
typical examples are listed below:
- SCADA system
• Power distribution network supervision and metering
• Extra-high voltage equipment monitoring
• Running water, gas pipe line supervision
• Centralized heating system supervision
• Environment protection data collection
• Flood control data collection
• Alert system supervision
• Weather station data collection
- Financial and department store
• Vehicle based bank service
• Vending machine
• Bank office supervision
- Police and traffic control
• Mobile query for ID info. and crime files
• Mobile query for vehicle and driver license
• Traffic monitoring and control
• Vehicle illegality shooting
• City traffic information and guidance system
- Vehicle Supervision
• Police car
• Bank and post vehicle supervision and management
• Taxi management
• Bus and bus stop information
• Logistics Management
Typical Application – Power Grid
In the most of city, there are lot of substations,
transforms and switches located at road side, poles and
buildings. It is very difficult to supervisory the power
equipment operation status. Also it is difficult to collect
the metering information. That is because of:
- Too many and decentralized sites.
- It is no possible to utilize copper wire
communication media to transmit information between
substation and control center; and it is also very
difficult and expensive to lay down communication cable
- Power Carrier Line (PLC) is one of solution. But the
problem is that in case of power line failed, and also
it is a big problem for PLC frequency planning.
- A radio network may be the solution, but it is easy
to be interfered and with very high construction cost.
Application example - Power Grid
Application example -Oilfield
- Oilfield data collection system is a integrated
computer, communication and data processing
technologies, the oilfield operation data is being sent
to the control center over a communication system. It is
to high investment to build a dedicate telecom system.
- The wireless M2M system is an ideal communication
channel for this application.
Traffic control data collections:
- Cross road light signal supervisory and control
- Road traffic information
- Vehicles management
- Provide data channel for POS & ATM information
- Data routing auto-backup
- Provide data channel for POS information transaction
- POS is a terminal to transmit the credit card
information to bank data center over telecom channel. At
the present, the switched telephone network and modem is
used to transmit those information. When the payment is
made by a POS terminal, there are only 200 bytes
information transmitted. However, you have to dial a
number cost about $x per time.
- The wireless M2M system is a packet based network,
and it is a cheaper way to transmit POS information.
Back to top